Call for Papers: Society for Terrorism Research Annual International Conference (17-19 Sept 2014)
The Society for Terrorism Research and the University of Massachusetts Lowell and the University of Massachusetts Boston announce a Call for Papers for the 2014 8th Annual International Conference - Communication & Collaboration for Counter-Terrorism, taking place on the 17-19 September 2014.
Proposals for paper presentations, symposia, posters, and other formal sessions will be consideredfor inclusion in the program if they are received by May 15, 2014. Conference attendees are not required to present.
This call is open to academics and practitioners alike. In addition to our goal of showcasing the best examples of new research on terrorism, our theme this year offers an opportunity to safely and constructively explore a series of pressing yet neglected issues between those who conduct academic research on terrorism, and those who are tasked with responding to it.
- Highlight ongoing and emerging academicresearch in terrorism and counter-terrorism
- Promote collaboration between academia, industry and counter-terrorism practitioners
- Explore new ways of translating the results of research on terrorism for multiple
Themes will include
- Themes will include:Has Terrorism Research Become Stagnant?
- Teachingand Training about Terrorism
- Creativity & Innovation in the Conduct and Dissemination of Research
- Translating Academic Research into Practice
- Ethics and Controversies
- How Counter-Terrorism Policy isMade
- Future Directions: Should Academic Research be ‘Practical?’
- Learning from Practitioners
- Perspectives from Industry
- Cross-National & Comparative Studies of Counter-Terrorism Policies and Strategies
For further information about the conference, see http://www.societyforterrorismresearch.org/annual-conference