Travel Grants Program
The International Society of Political Psychology (ISPP) Early Career Committee awards up to fifteen (15) awards in the amount of $500 each year for travel to the ISPP annual meeting.
- The applicant must be a paid ISPP member.
- The applicant must be an early career scholar (i.e., graduate student or person within 8 years post-graduate career).
- The applicant must be first or sole author on an accepted poster or symposium presentation.
- The applicant must attend the ISPP annual meeting to receive the award.
- The applicant must not be a serving member of the Early Career Committee.
The International Society of Political Psychology (ISPP) Early Career Committee (ECC) is pleased to announce the 2017 Early Career Scholar Travel Award Competition. Up to fifteen (15) awards of a maximum of $500 USD each will be awarded to Early Career Scholars for travel to the ISPP annual meeting in Edinburgh, United Kingdom, 29 June- 2nd July, 2017.
2017 Eligibility Requirements:
1. The applicant must be a paid ISPP member as of March 15, 2017.
2. The applicant must be an Early Career Scholar (i.e., graduate student or person within 8 years post-graduate career).
3. The applicant must be first or sole author on an accepted poster or paper presentation.
4. The applicant must attend the 2017 ISPP annual meeting to receive the award.
5. The applicant must not be a serving member of the Early Career Committee.
Application Procedure and Deadline:
To be considered for a travel award, the following materials must be submitted:
1. A completed Travel Award Application.
2. A detailed budget plan.
3. A non-identifying exact copy of the 250-word accepted abstract as submitted to ISPP (only one abstract per applicant).
Decision Process and Notification:
Applications will be blind-reviewed by the ECC Travel Award Committee. Decisions will be based on the excellence of the submitted conference abstract and financial needs of the applicant. Winners will be notified by e-mail no later than April 1, 2017. The deadline to include you in the program and confirm your participation in the annual meeting is April 10, 2017. Note that registration prices will also increase after April 10, 2017.
Awards will be given as reimbursements to recipients at the end of the annual conference. Recipients should be prepared to submit receipts for travel costs incurred (e.g., airline tickets, hotel accommodations). Recipients will receive the amount equivalent to their travel costs, up to $500 USD (if travel costs are less than $500 USD, the recipient will receive an amount equal to his/her travel expenses). Unfortunately, we are not able to cover all travel expenses and strongly encourage applicants to search for additional sources of funding.
For any inquiries about the travel awards you may contact the Travel Award Committee.
indicates an external link