ISPP Annual Conference Travel Grant Application
The International Society of Political Psychology (ISPP) Early Career Committee is pleased to announce the 2016 Early Career Scholar Travel Award Competition.
Up to thirteen (13) awards of a maximum of $500 USD each will be awarded to Early Career Scholars for travel to the ISPP annual meeting in Warsaw, Poland, July 13-16, 2015.
1. The applicant must be a paid ISPP member as of March 25, 2016.
2. The applicant must be an Early Career Scholar (i.e., graduate student or person within 8 years post-graduate career).
3. The applicant must be first or sole author on an accepted poster or paper presentation.
4. The applicant must attend the 2016 ISPP annual meeting to receive the award.
Application Procedure and Deadline:
To be considered for a travel award, the following materials must be submitted:
1. A completed Travel Award Application.
2. A detailed budget plan.
3. A non-identifying exact copy of the 250-word accepted abstract as submitted to ISPP (only one abstract per applicant).
Application Deadline: March 25, 2016 (all submitted on March 25th will be taken into consideration) Submit the application form, budget plan and accepted abstract on our online application website http://www.ispp.org/funding/travel-grants. Please omit all personally identifying information (e.g., authors, affiliation) from the contents of the abstract.
Decision Process and Notification:
Applications will be blind-reviewed by the ECC Travel Award Committee. Decisions will be based on the excellence of the submitted conference abstract and financial needs of the applicant. Winners will be notified by e-mail no later than April 10, 2016. The deadline to include you in the program and confirm your participation in the annual meeting is April 15, 2016.
Note that registration prices will also increase after April 15, 2016.
Awards will be given as reimbursements to recipients at the end of the annual conference. Recipients should be prepared to submit receipts for travel costs incurred (e.g., airline tickets, hotel accommodations). Recipients will receive the amount equivalent to their travel costs, up to $500 USD (if travel costs are less than $500 USD, the recipient will receive an amount equal to his/her travel expenses). Unfortunately, we are not able to cover all travel expenses and strongly encourage applicants to search for additional sources of funding.
For any inquiries about the travel awards you may contact the Travel Award Committee at firstname.lastname@example.org.