Get Ready for The ISPP Annual Scientific Meeting 2015
Get ready for #ISPP2015 at the Omni Hotel, San Diego
We are looking forward to welcoming you all in San Diego for ISPP's 2015 Annual Meeting. We have put together an ‘essential’ guide and highlighted some of our top picks for junior and senior scholars who are planning to join us.
The theme and programme
This year’s conference theme is The Psychology of Encounter and the Politics of Engagement.
The final schedule is also posted on our meetings web page http://www.ispp.org/uploads/attachments/FULL_PROGRAM_2015_FINAL_22June.pdf
Our top picks
We have an exciting programme on all things political psychology, featuring 11 different sections. We have a variety of individual presentations, themed symposia, poster presentations and roundtables. Be sure not to miss out on our keynote sessions:
- Crucibles of Identity: The Political Psychology of Collective Events by Nick Hopkins (Dundee University)
- Reporting on Social Science by Chris Mooney (The Washington Post)
- The Psychology of Encounter and the Politics of Engagement by Paul Nesbitt-Larking (Huron University)
- Partisan Identity in Diverse Democratic Polities by Leonie Huddy (Stony Brooke University)
We also have a number of ‘must attend’ events especially for junior scholars:
- Mentoring Luncheon
- Junior scholar social hour
- Doing Interdisciplinary Research in Political Psychology
- Challenges of the Post-PhD Career
It’s not all about academics, our programme also offers room for social interactions and getting to know one another in a less formal space. Join us for our Welcome Reception, Awards Ceremony and Closing Ceremony.
The conference location
San Diego’s scenic and temperate location on the Pacific coast makes the city an ideal place to host this year’s event and we hope you enjoy your time here. During ISPP, the U.S. will celebrate Independence day (4 July). San Diego puts on an excellent fireworks display over the water, and there are many good viewing spots. See this link for more information: http://www.sandiego.org/campaigns/summer-in-san-diego/4th-of-july.aspx
The Omni Hotel is located very close to the trolley line that runs to various points within San Diego, and offers an inexpensive mode of ground transportation around the city and to/from the Omni. More information on the trolley can be found here: http://www.sandiego.org/plan-your-trip/transportation/trains-trolley.aspx